The Prosvetitel Prize award finalists were revealed today, September 28. Books selected by the jury chaired by Ekaterina Shulman try to understand the nature of current socio-political processes in Russia and highlight topics relevant to the Russian reader.
Five books were shortlisted:
- Vladislav Aksenov. War of Patriotisms: Propaganda and Public Sentiment in Russia during the Collapse of the Empire. - Moscow: New Literary Review, 2023.
- Alexander Baunov. The End of the Regime: How Three European Dictatorships Ended. - Moscow: Alpina Publishers, 2023.
- Ksenia Novokhatko. Andrei Sakharov. A Fearless Person. - Moscow: Samokat, 2022.
- Yuri Plyusnin. Social Structure of Provincial Society. - Moscow: Common Place; Khamovniki Social Research Foundation, 2022.
- Sergey Sergeyev. Russian Autocracy. Power and its Boundaries: 1462-1917. - Moscow: Yauza-catalogue, 2023.
Prosvetitel Prize short lists and Prosvetitel Perevod Prize winners will be announced on October 2. All awards and a special award will be revealed on November 16.