Rules for entering the Competition in 2019:
Applicants must submit their application form to the competition in accordance with the conditions stated below, and also two copies of the nominated book or manuscript markup, in paper and electronic form.
In 2019, eligible applicants are:
• Dmitry Zimin
• Zimin Foundation representatives
• the jury members of the Enlightener Prize
• publishing house
• scientific and non-governmental organizations
• staff members of a state museum
• professors of a state – accredited university
• staff members of the research and science institutes which fall under the system of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the Russian Authors’ Society
• corresponding members and full members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the Russian Authors’ Society
• supervisory board of the Prize.
The application form may be submitted in the form of one’s choice and it has to include the following:
• About the applicant: surname, first name, patronym, place of work, position, phone number and e-mail address;
• About the candidate: surname, first name and the patronym of the author, name of the nominated book;
• About the publishing house (which published the nominated book or is going to publish it): the date of its publication or the date it was published in electronic form.
The application must be accompanied by a document which confirms that the author agrees with their participation in the Competition, and that they are aware of the conditions and process of the Competition
The books must meet the following requirements:
• genre conditions of the Competition (non-fiction literature on any topic),
• originally written in Russian,
• currently on sale (not second-hand), regardless of the publication date
• manuscripts that are in the process of publishing at the markup stage are accepted as well
• manuscripts are accepted only when the applicant is a publishing house.
The following items will not be accepted:
Scientific monographs, school and university textbooks and manuals, journals, biographies and memoirs.
Each book may participate in the award only once, regardless of whether it competed in the form of a manuscript markup, or as a published book.
If you have any questions regarding submitting books to the competition, please contact the Organizing committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
The address where the nominated books can be sent to:
125047, Moscow, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya, 2, Book Institute (Institut knigi)
The Competition is held by the autonomous non-profit organization Book Institute, at the initiative of Dmitry Zimin, and with the financial support of the Zimin Foundation.